Alida's Cherry Crisp Recipe
Savor the refreshing taste of Alida's Cherry Crisp as you move into Spring! This mouthwatering recipe is guaranteed to make you a hero with your family, friends and/or invited guests.
Cherry Crisp Recipe Ingredients
- 1 roll (16.5 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2 Cup of Whipping Cream
- 2/3 Cup of Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/3 Cup of Slivered Almonds
- 1 Jar of Alida’s Fruits Cherry Jam
- 1 Cup of Sweetened Dried Cherries
- 1 Tablespoon of Orange Juice
- Powdered sugar to taste
Alida's Cherry Crisp Baking Instructions
1. Soften cookie dough at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put 1/2 cup of whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan. Place on low heat until hot (not boiling), then remove from heat, stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Set aside.
2. In 8-inch skillet, cook almonds over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir frequently until golden brown. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes. Coarsely chop almonds.
3. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Press dough evenly in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of almonds; lightly press into dough. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely for about 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, place jam, orange juice and cherries. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until blended. Set aside.
5. Spread cherry mixture over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge. Stir chocolate mixture with wire whisk; pour over cherry mixture, spreading to cover cherry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Freeze 30 minutes until chocolate is firm.
6. Run sharp knife around edge of crisp to loosen. Remove side of pan.
To serve, cut into wedges. Top each serving with powdered sugar. Store covered in refrigerator.
Try our other creative uses for Alida's Fruits Syrups.