Apricot Chicken W/ Wined Rice and Vegetables Recipe
Vikki Keough’s gourmet, award winning recipe for Apricot Chicken with Wined Rice and Vegetables.
Apricot Chicken W/ Wined Rice and Vegetables IngredientsRice and Vegetables
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 small zucchini, chopped fine
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped fine
- 1 small heirloom tomato, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup white Riesling wine from Palisade
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
In a microwavable dish, combine all ingredients and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Let stand for 8 minutes while cooking chicken. Fluff with fork.
- 2 Red Bird boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Apricot sauce (recipe below)
- Toasted almonds
Place chicken on a microwaveable dish. Brush sauce on both sides of chicken. Arrange apricots on top of chicken. Cover with Press and Seal wrap. Vent. Cook on high for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup peach syrup from Alida’s Market
- 5-7 dried apricots (Alida’s Market) chopped
Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Can freeze remaining sauce if not all is used.
To serve: Place fluffed rice in center of plate. Top with chicken breast. May spoon additional sauce over chicken Garnish with chopped green onions (optional)
The combination of the sweet flavor of the chicken with the mellow taste of the wined rice is incredible.
Try our other creative uses for Alida's Palisade Fruits.